A Quickly Fading Flower..



Let all honor and glory be to Our God..I thank God for His mercy and showing Himself in every single creation on the planet.I happened to observe a snow flake yesterday..the Lord once again showed me how amazing a Creator He is..every single snow flake so beautiful in every micro second..the creation sure reflects the majesty of the Lord..
A friend of mine shared a beautiful thought with me a few months back about flowers.I've always loved that part in the Bible where Jesus says in Matthew 6:28 "Consider the lilies of the field,HOW THEY GROW;THEY TOIL NOT,NEITHER DO THEY SPIN:And yet I say unto you,That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
These verses often help me to keep my trust in God which has always been a challenge for me.Another thing that this verse tells me is about How the flower grows.I always ask the Lord to help me grow more and more in Him.Sometimes that prayer leaves me in self-evaluation.At times it makes me shift my focus from 'loving the Lord' to "struggle to reach the unknown spiritual goal".By growth I mean Knowing more of Jesus,experiencing more of His power,bearing the fruits of the Spirit etc.I started looking down of my "self"..telling myself that "this is not good enough for God..U must do more.." That shifted all the focus to just me,me and myself.But God brought this verse to my heart when I finally came to God and said"Lord..I'm tired of this struggle..I cant"..
YES!thats exactly what God wanted.He wanted me to just realize that I cannot do anything by my own strength and by my own might.It is by the Spirit of God.This particular verse specifies here that "...How they grow,they toil not,they spin not.";then what do they do?These flowers faithfully stay where they are planted.The Lord nourishes it,waters it.They naturally grow when they receive from God.As smooth as it is.They do not struggle to grow.It endures the seasons which go by still looking on to the Lord.And when it has to bloom,when it is time,it blooms!yes,thats exactly how God has put us out here in this world.We are not expected to toil..or work a little harder on ourself..to grow spiritually.We belong to God.He began this work in us and He is able to take us till the end.Some of us bloom faster,some of us need a little more nourishment to bloom at the right time in the right place..We need to wait on the Lord,walk closely with the Spirit,be sensitive to His voice and get well fed till the time we bloom for His glory..
Every flower is precious in its own way,every flower in God's garden is meant to bloom..they also fade away quickly after fulfilling its purpose..But each flower out there is Beautiful to the Gardener!We live not to ourselves but for Our risen Saviour and Lord Jesus!Amen!
May God bless you all..

Comments

  1. What a beautifully written blog, Sini. And a great reminder. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We need to wait on the Lord, walk closely with the Spirit, be sensitive to His voice and get well fed till the time we bloom for His glory"

    so true ... patience is one of the things I struggle with, but learning. Great post, nice blog. Thanks so much for listing my blog in your blogroll. Very encouraging to me.

    peace & grace in Christ,
    brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give your Daddy a hug!

Being Mommy

Crazy Elephant Cousins!