Mirror,Mirror on the wall..



last summer, I visited my parents and then as all mallu families(slang for native Keralites)do,went to visit other mallu families,as is custom..*wink-wink*

why this story?

well,over a warm cup of spiced tea(which I cannot deny was an absolute wake call in my head),a certain concerned lady there found it so hard to believe that it was possible to 'arrange' a man to want me in marriage.why?because I belonged to the 'dark' side of Indian skin 'culture' as i would call it..In order to make it easier to hunt for this "perfect groom",she suggested; a highly qualified job or my birth in a wealthy family alone can be my positives.

No matter how much we brawl about God's beauty shining through us in 'christian' conventions,its hard to believe for too many people staying in the Indian cultural 'well' that dark (brown) skin is God-made too!For some unknown reason,a brown child is fed with reasons why her brown skin is not 'good enough' and how much she should work on it to "prepare" herself for the 'right time'. Not to mention the number of 'fair n lovely' creams a brown girl uses in a lifetime in India and the increasing number of such creams and its 'fair' brand ambassadors emerging over time..Ahh..!

all my life I heard from too many people of how I could change my skin color into something more acceptable.If I wanted to be loved and 'wanted',I must work on my skin.BAH!(ha!I dunno what they were thinking!)

I refuse to believe this big fat lie a bunch of 'have-eyes-but-refuse-to-see' people say to me.

Dear dear people,don't believe what they say.Go get a good look at yourself.Everything in you is made perfect.Unless you yourself know this truth,its gonna get very hard convincing the crowd.Actually you don't need to convince anyone once you know the truth.Know that all the so-called standards set by magazines/celebrities are nothing but shallow interpretations of this amazingly deep life.Discover yourself with God.Especially you who know Jesus..He looks to you in absolute adoration.Don't give the mirror that dissatisfied look again.Also, if you think someone has to 'look different' to gain your acceptance,God can do something about all those prejudiced thinking inside you,AND seriously,you might need help from above to get rid of that.

WORLD-DEFINED BEAUTY IS SKIN DEEP.nothing more.
NO one can be You.So stop wanting to be someone else(on a side note;someone else cant be you either).
LET GOD DEFINE YOU.
Respect yourself.Respect your body.Love yourself first(not above everything else).n Forgive yourself.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.HEAR IT FROM THE CREATOR HIMSELF
:)

Comments

  1. beautiful...jus like u!
    reading ur post is a delight.. muahh..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give your Daddy a hug!

Being Mommy

Crazy Elephant Cousins!